Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tea Time

One of my new year's resolutions is to enjoy tea rather than use it as a jump start to my day.  While I drink less of it now, I certainly enjoy it more and buy quality loose leaf rather than the stale bagged type.

Now, I'm not one to collect tea cups, fine china, porcelain figurines (actually, that last one is a lie; I have quite a few ceramic or porcelain "Pet's" around the house) but once in a while I stumble across something so pretty that I'm tempted to collect them like one them folks on Hoarders.

My favourite colour combinations are bold, jewel tones with gold accents, less roses and poses, more lace-like designs. 
pic name
Flea Market Studio

pic name
Daisies on Etsy

pic name
Classy Option

pic name
Bella Couture


pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name
All pictures courtesy of Shop1st Biz

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name
All pictures courtesy of Shop1st Biz

pic name

pic name

pic name

pic name
All pictures courtesy of Shop1st Biz


Courtesy of Google

Vintage Tea Canisters from Flea Market Studios

I've also seen some clever re-purposing of tea cups and tea canisters:

As planters:
Photo Courtesy of Apartment Therapy

As jewellery organizers:


Even as ceiling lights!
Kingdom of Style

Hope you enjoyed this post.  Now, let's drink with out pinkies up like good ole proper folk.

3 comments:

  1. thanks, gail. I like your blog. I'll look forward to more DIYs and re-purposing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Especially the tea canisters as planters...what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete