Monday, January 16, 2012

Modern Pendant Light

I have decided that I need a new light fixture.  Currently, I have mid sized discrete pendant lamp that I had picked up at the Torre and Tagus sale.  It's okay.  There's nothing really special about it.  There's no real impact.  I don't want it to be the main focus of the open space but I do want it to be a point of interest.  It must be a bright light - since it is in the kitchen and would also be the main source of light in the room.  I don't want it to look like it belongs in the lobby of an expensive condo or in a restaurant.  I want it to look unique - like my home.  I think the idea of repurposing a bird cage is cute but just too shabby chic for me and I don't want too many edges or details.

Here's what I have - and unfortunately, with the light on, you can't see the mesh-like details:


It's currently sold on Amazon.com (I got mine for only $30!).

I'd like something simple.  I did a little Ikea hack by spray painting a fruit bowl and turning it upside down for my entrance light and I would like to have something similar this light:


I'm not sure if I want to go industrial or continue on with the quirky and bright scheme.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment