Thursday, March 3, 2011

That's it... I'm going to do it... any minute now....

I have wanted a colorful door for quite some time now.  I'm thinking yellow.  Sunny.  Bright.  Fun.  Cheerful.  Bold.

I made the mistake of painting an accent wall in a very small room in my first apartment and there was just too much going on in such a small space.  Guests opted to sleep on the couch.  I converted it into a walk in closet when the one in my room became too small for my extensive wardrobe:

Before (this looks like a make over for a prison):
After - much more inviting


Yes, I have enough shows, purses and dresses to fill a room.  I am not ashamed.


But I still have an affinity for yellow accents.  Which brings me to my desire for a yellow door.  Since I live in an apartment, I don't think it would be a good idea to actually paint any part of the door's surface.  I am toying with the idea of using yellow contact paper to brighten up the inside of the main entrance door.  I'll believe I'll have to order the contact paper online since I haven't seen anything like it in the stores.  Here's a couple of inspiring pics:
A guy called John
From Better Living Through Design

The Art of Nothing


Now that I've seen some of these pics I think I might put up some empty frames to create faux crowning.  Eeeek... so excited!  Hold me Zack!

That clip never gets old.  Long live the folks at Bayside High.

No comments:

Post a Comment