Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dinner by Candlelight - Conservation over Romance

Oh, I love social media.  Since I started this blog I have met some great people who have shared what inspires them and what their passions are.  It has changed the way that I interact with people - I approach new relationships with an inquisitive nature and I'm open and interested in sharing ideas and stories.  The world has become smaller and friendlier.

I met Annika from Social Bites in October over Twitter and we found out we not only shared a passion for food but shared several mutual friends.  She invited me to Le Fleuri at the Sutton Place to join her and some new friends for  the Annual Candlelight Conservation Dinner.  Over candlelight, we enjoyed a non romantic dinner, created new friendships and made a statement that conserving energy is a priority.

After the lovely amuse bouche of maple smoke salmon and ikura and I tried to choose something new but when there is duck on the menu I just can't resist.  It was every bit as satisfying as I expected.







 But the to add to our delight, the restaurant manager introduced himself to us and treated us to the well known chocoholic buffet!  Since it was just a couple of days away from Halloween our eyes were being teased by the witch and ghost cake pops, angry macaroons, and candied severed fingers.  But there were other classics such as the chocolate mouse cake, fondue and crepe bar.





Great food, new friends and amazing hosts - t'was such a lovely night.
Fleuri on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment