Wednesday, August 10, 2011

FS Schumacher Fabric

I've always been a sucker for pops of colour or bold patterns on a simple and geometric shape in a minimalist room.  When I first laid my eyes of the FS Schumacher prints way back when, I think a light went off in my head where I realized that you could have intricate designs in your home without making your space look cluttered.  FS Schumacher patterns, especially the fabric from the Trellis collection have become a standard in home decor design and have been for years.  I had my heart set on the Silk Fret fabric when I was putting together my first home.  But alas, I'm not a designer and I couldn't afford that fabric!  I still have it in "My First Apartment" look book that I had put together.





Fabric Shown - Silk Fret in Chartreus, Picture courtesy of The Designer Insider Blog

Fabric Shown - Chiang Mai Dragon, Picture courtesy of Cococozy


I love this upholstered table and the usage of large scale patterns against an otherwise minimalist room with very straight clean lines.  This pattern was designed by Kelly Wearstler and is probably one of FS Schumacher's most popular fabrics.
Apartment Therapy




Sea Life Style
Decor Pad
Glamahome

Simple, graphic, and bold. That's how I like it.

3 comments:

  1. That second pillow is amazing! I could see it as a tattoo too, but it would only be acceptable on an Ami James type. Mmmmmmm Ami....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snap! I forgot about Ami. I love that print, too. I've seen similar prints but with Pheasants - this somehow manages to incorporate Asian influence without making it look cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing design of fabric and adorable collections.all looks like artistic. and i also trying to do my own creative fabrics with this kind of tips and guidelines.
    schumacher fabric

    ReplyDelete